Lets face it no matter how big a bookworm you are sometimes you can fall into a slump and need some help getting out. Here are a few ways that have helped me in the past.
- Find an exciting book. Maybe its not your normal read, but hey, that doesn’t mean you wont enjoy it.Reread!. Sometimes visiting your favorite characters can be inspiring. If you don’t want to reread see if one of your favorite authors has a new book out.
- Set reasonable goals. Divide things into manageable chuncks, maybe one chapter before bed. Or you could try a short story or poem.
- Read with a Buddy or group. Sometimes haveing someone to talk about the book with can help. Also the other person can hold you accountable.
- Start a reading journal. You can get as creative as you want with this. You can keep a simple list of the titles you read or you can add thoughts.
- Go to the Library!. The library is ment for people to use. If you don’t know where to start the librarians are usually happy to make recommendations and if they cant they can point you in the right direction
- Go digital. I know, I know! There are alot of reasons not to. But having access to virtually every book at your fingertips can help you get out of a slump.
I hope you find a way to get out of your slump. Enjoy your book!