Thank you to @WordsWithLara for tagging me for this tag. The Nope Book Tag was created by A Booktube Book.
1. NOPE. Ending:a book ending that made you go NOPE either in denial, rage or simply because the ending was crappy.
Kingdom of Ash and Soot by C. S. Johnson. The book ends with the main character unconscious. This ending didn’t make me read book two, it enraged me too much.
2. NOPE. Protagonist:a main character you dislike and drives you crazy.
3. NOPE. Pairing:a “ship” you don’t support.
I don’t like fiction books that romantasize abusive relationships. Books that do this allow society to continue to rationalize away this behavior. When, in reality, abuse shouldn’t be tolerated no matter how minor it may seem.
4. NOPE. Plot twist:a twist you didn’t see coming and liked.
The ending of The Diary by Julia Derek.
5. NOPE. Genre: a genre you will never read.
I am willing to read all genres of books, but I don’t like to discuss political or religious books with most people because of the issues that can arise.
6. NOPE. Book format: book formatting you hate and avoid buying until it comes out in a different edition
Audio books. I have tried listening to them but my hands get fidgety causing me to lose focus on the book.
7. NOPE. Trope: a trope that makes you go Nope.
I not fond of books that romanticize Stockholm syndrome by having a woman get kidnapped for sexual pleasure.
8. NOPE. Recommendation: a book recommendation that is constantly pushed at you, that you simply refuse to read.
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. I know this book is a classic but I don’t like Salinger’s writing style, so I don’t see the point.
9. NOPE. Cliché: a cliché or writing pet peeve that always makes you roll your eyes.
I hate when authors end with “and they lived happily ever after”. Come on there are other ways of conveying a positive ending.
10. NOPE. Love interest: the love interest that’s not worthy of being one.
In my opinion most love interests aren’t worthy no matter how incredible they are.
11. NOPE. Book: a book that shouldn’t have existed and made you say NOPE.
I can’t answer this question. Yes there are quit a few books I don’t like, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t exist. Just because I didn’t like a book doesn’t mean others wont like it.
12. NOPE. Villain: a villain you would hate to cross.
Hannibal Lector. He scares me because a cannibal with a high IQ and a degree in psychology is someone who could actually exist in the real world.
13. NOPE. Death: a character death that still haunts you.
Dobby from the Harry Potter universe
14. NOPE. Author: an author you had a bad experience reading before and have decided to quit.
E. Thomas Joseph. I tried to read Winter Eternal: The River That Flows Two Ways but after two weeks I had only gotten 33% through the book and decide to stop.